Wednesday, January 4

She watched Like Crazy

I thought I understood it. But I didn't, not really.  Only the smudgeness of it.  The eagerness of it.  The idea of it of.  The you and me.
After watching thetrailer for the upcoming movie for The Hunger Games, I did my research onJennifer Lawrence.  On her IMDB profile, it mentioned that she was in the movie, Like Crazy.  I have seen the trailer for this movie but never had the chance to watch it in the cinema (if it was even released here in Manila).  Since I currently have way too much time on my hands because I still don’t have work, I downloaded the movie.





Here is the plot summary grabbed from Wikipedia:
Yelchin and Jones playJacob and Anna, college students in Los Angeles who become a couple. Anna is aBritish exchange student who, having fallen in love with Jacob, a designstudent, spends the summer with him, overstaying her student visa afterit had expired on graduation. She returns home to London for a familyobligation, and when she flies back to Los Angeles as a tourist she isdetained, denied entry, turned away, and sent back to England by Los Angelesairport immigration officials, throwing the couple into an awkward and strainedlong-distance relationship. Anna is banned from entering the United States forthis prior violation of having overstayed her original visa. The deep love ofthe couple is strained by the distance and frustration of not being able to seeeach other except when Jacob can make the time away from his successful designbusiness in Los Angeles to visit Anna in England. Anna's family in Englandhires an immigration lawyer to try to get the ban lifted and allow Anna toreturn to Jacob in the United States. However, after many legal appeals, theban was not lifted. They continue to legally challenge the ban, but the relationshipof Anna and Jacob is compromised although their love remains genuine.[5]

I’m a sap so, I loved the movie.  I liked that the story was real and portrayed that love isn’ta fairytale.  It's not a feel-good movie but it's definitely worth the download.  I think Felicity Jones is amazing and slowly growing into one of my girl crushes.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

{sabz}solutely Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template