Monday, November 19

She bought Lego Minifigures.

My boyfriend and I have a project and it involves collecting different Lego Minifigures, or Collectable Minifigures. Lego first released them around 2010. Lego comes out with 16 different figures to make up a set or a series, as they call it. The latest release is Series 8 and it came out sometime September. They are sold separately and if you're ready and willing, collect every single figure.

So far, these are the minifigures that I have. As of today, we've already completed Series 8.

Series 4: Kimono Girl & Ice Skater

Series 5: Cave Woman, Small Clown, 
Fitness Instructor & Egyptian Queen

Series 6: Lady Liberty, Leprechaun, Surgeon, 
Skater Girl & Intergalactic Girl 

Series 7: Bunny Suit Guy, Ocean King, Viking Woman, 
Rocker Girl & Grandma's Visitor

Series 8: Lederhosen Guy, Cowgirl, Downhill Skier, 
Fairy & Santa

Series 8: Red Cheerleader, The Thespian & Alien Villainess
In other countries, there is no way of knowing what you're going to get when you buy a bag. Although some people have mastered the art of using their sense of touch to figure out what is inside, the only way of knowing for sure is when the bag's opened. Here in Manila, the sales personnel have very kindly labeled every bag with the number of the figure so, you know what you're getting. Hence, no surprises! Admittedly, it takes away some of the fun but "chasing" after the figures that you want is just as exciting. Like today, I walked into Hobbes & Landes in Power Plant Mall with the hope that I'll find the figures that we need. I took every single figure that I needed and did not let go of it, even when I was browsing because I was afraid I'd lose them. A while later, a little boy came in looking for the Series 8 figures and he was looking for the Evil Robot. Lucky for me, I got there before he did. I felt a tinge of guilt that I robbed him of his chance of getting what he wanted but that soon faded away.

If you're interested in Lego Minifigures, you can buy them in Hobbes & Landes, Build City, Metro, Rustan's, Toys R Us and Toy Kingdom. The older series are sold at P199.75 and the newer ones are P249.75. I warn you that this is highly addicting and it's hard to resist buying when you see all the figures that you need.

I'll close this by showing you some pictures of what fun Lego Minifigure can be.

Grabbed from Publish Rubbish (http://potatoty.tumblr.com/)

Grabbed from Lego Minifigures (http://playthetoys.tumblr.com/)

Grabbed from The Lego Woman (http://www.thelegowoman.com/)
Technically, Darth Vader is not from the Collectable Minifigures pack but, this was too funny!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

{sabz}solutely Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template