Thursday, November 29

NOTD: Orly Gel FX in Lift the Veil

After application
After 5 days!

Last Friday, someone from Orly dropped by my salon to do a demo of Orly Gel FX. I have been wanting to try gel nail polish for a while now but I was always turned off by the price. Lucky for me, I got to have my nails done for free during the demo.

Just like any gel polish, Orly Gel FX promises to be long-lasting. It can last between 2-3 weeks, even up to a month. The polish is cured by an LED lamp and this helps keep your polish, chip and smudge-free. No need to worry about having a limited range of colors because Orly recreated their top selling polishes for the Gel FX line, such as my personal favorites: Country Club Khaki and Haute Red. The best part about the polish is the drying time - there isn't any. Once the polish has been cured, you're good to go! For someone who has to drive herself home after getting her nails done, this is a HUGE PLUS.

The process of getting your nails done is longer than usual. It's a long and tedious process that takes some getting used to. Trust me though, it's worth the wait!

Here's what I love about Orly Gel FX:
  • It's so shiny. After 5 days, it's still shining like woah!
  • The drying time takes about 30 seconds!
  • The formula is infused with vitamins and keeps your nails healthy. This means your nails won't get discolored or become brittle after use of the gel polish.
  • It lasts a long time. (There's a BUT coming up below.)

Here's what I don't love about Orly Gel FX:
  • The process takes such a long time. Call me ADHD or impatient, I was dying to get up and walk around after the first coat!
  • The removal process : with regular polish, you can just get a cotton ball and nail polish remover and you're done. With Orly Gel FX, there are steps that you have to follow. 
  • Although it promised to last at least 2-3 weeks, mine did not even make it to the week mark. After 5 days, the polish for my right thumbnail peeled off and now, I have to get the rest removed because I can't walk around with chipped nail polish.

    Chip!

    • If you're the kind of person who likes to change polish every week, this is not for you!

    Will I try Orly Gel FX again?

    YES. I won't hold a grudge against them because of my chipped polish. I think you just have to make sure that the nail technician seals all the edges of your nails with polish. Tell her to apply nail polish in every edge of your nail (Be very OC about the polish! Make it worth your money, ensure that you get your money's worth). 

    From what I've heard, the standard retail price for Orly Gel FX application is P500 and you are charged P150 for the removal of the polish. It's a lot of money but I think you'll get your money's worth if it really lasts for a month.

    I've embedded the video below to give you guys a chance to familiarise yourself with Orly Gel FX.


    Let me know if you guys have tried Orly Gel FX and tell me what your experience was like! 


    post signature

    0 comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     

    {sabz}solutely Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template